Monday, March 26, 2018

About


ABOUT ME
Hi ! A blessed morning to all.  My name is Cris Ferreras and welcome to Pinoy Ecotraveler, an eco-travelogue about my travel experiences and journey in life.
By profession I am a Teacher/Instructor in Psychology and had just resigned from my job last 2007 to become a freelancer in search for a more meaningful life.
I put up small computer Xerox/printing shop to cater the deserving students of Payatas. I love taking pictures from different places while traveling and became interested in developing and helping in promoting sustainability and greener environment.
 
Being an entrepreneur also I put up additional shop for the recycled paper craft products which I personally made & invented to showcase and share livelihood in our community and to others. This is also my advocacy in helping and creating solutions to waste management problems.

ABOUT PINOY ECOTRAVELER
Pinoy Ecotraveler is all about an environmental travelogue from the author's life and travel experiences,health lifestyle  and other related resources. So expect more environmental related discussions here. It's mission is to share, help, develop and promote healthy lifestyles, livelihood, environmental awareness, real life experiences, restoration and practices.

The Humble Beginning

Out of curiosity when I  started writing a blog. Way back 2007  whenever I had ample time to look for a computer shop  just to read and study on how to make a blog.  It's really difficult  to start  since I am so busy working in school.  It's so funny that  some  of my  writings are incomplete for so long time and then  I  came back to  continue writing .

Start of a Meaningful Name
 
It was last 2015 when I went home from an African travel . This travel experiences had opened my mind and got interested in writing blogs about Ecopsychology and environmental care.

It was in Ghana, Africa particularly in Tamale where I gain understanding how disabled person can be more productive in his skills and talents. A blind person despite of his total blindness but still can make colorful beautiful chairs. So amazing and I was touched and almost cry. I am fortunate to learned from this disabled persons.When I went home I felt that I was reborn and started  creating useful products from recycled paper materials. With my meaningful travels where environment, livelihood and spiritual are the main concern, I thought that "pinoyecotraveler" name is best fitted for me. Within the  area of travel and environmental problems , I wanted to make a difference and contribute the best that I can by writing blogs base on the reality of life's journey, health, experiences and environmental awareness. 

Help to Offer:
Currently accepting
  • computer tutorials in basic computer
  • demo tutorial in  eco-crafts 
  • b-day/weddings gift items
  • personal development coaching 
  • blog writing 
  • open to new other possible collaboratons/ventures


Professional Achievement:
  • Masters Study in Psychology at Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, Intramuros Philippines
  • Masters Study in Special Education at EARIST College, Sta. Mesa Manila
  • Bachelor of Science in Psychology  at Manuel L. Quezon University
  • Secondary Education at St. Anthony Academy, Gubat Sorsogon
  • Primary study at Beriran, Gubat Sorsogon
Professional Experiences:
  • Senior High School Teacher at Quezon City Science High School
  • Social Studies teacher/ Pre-School Asst. teacher at NSDN Himamaylan Negros Occidental.
  • Social Sciences Instructor at Saint Marys College of Nursing, San Juan Philippines
  • Social Sciences Instructor at St. Francis of Assisi College System, Las Pinas City, Philippines
  • Personnel/HRD Officer at Jesu Marie School School< Paranaque City Philippines
  • Special Education Teacher
  • Filipino and Social Studies Teacher
  • Psychometrician and Guidance Staff
Training /Seminars Attended:
  • Attended Mass Training for SHS Teacher , Eurotel Makati  and  Taf Ave. 2018
  • Joined "Exhibit of Crafts at Brgy. Payatas  2017 
  • Educational Training  at Tamale Rehabilitation Center, Tamale, Ghana Africa 2015
  • Novice Training for Christian Brothers at Tamale, Ghana, Africa 2015
  • Seminar/ Study on Cross Cultural Study of Ghana, Tamale Ghana Africa 2015
  • Workshop on Myers Briggs Inventories Tamale Ghana 2015
  • Language Study  on African Local Language , Tamale Ghana  2015
  • Bible Study at Edmund Rice Christian Brothers Kabankalan, 2014
  • Psycho -Spiritual Seminar , La Paz Iloilo City  2014 
  • Retreat Seminar for Edmund Rice Christian Brothers, Lahug, Cebu City  2014
  • Seminars on Latest trends in Teaching for all Subject Areas
  • Seminar on Teaching English Strategies
  • Seminar/Lecture Series on World Peace
  • Seminars on New Perspective for Teachers in in the 21st Century
  • Seminar on Workshop on Academic Excellence Across the Curriculum
  • Faculty IN Service Training
  • Seminar on Multiple Intelligences
Others: 
  • Member Distributor New MC Healthy Juice Drink
  • Member Distributor Essensa Naturale

No comments:

Post a Comment